Here we go again, a whole year has passed and I haven’t posted anything! For shame!
It’s not like nothing’s happened, on the contrary. Seems like I’ve been busy all the time. But is it worth writing about? Not likely.
- July 2019: 2 weeks in Club Med, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic where my daughter had 2 gigs back to back and I tagged along just because I love being in a tropical paradise at any opportunity 🙂
- August 2019: Enjoyed the luxuriant (read overgrown yet again) vegetation that grew in our front and back yards that grew without any help from us and in spite of the squirrels’ best efforts to sabotage it, after having redone the landscaping in 2018. Those pesky squirrels dug up and ate just about all the bulbs I’d planted last fall 🙁
- September 2019: Garage and shed clean up and organization pretty much done. At least the many sets of tires have found a house in the shed rather than in the garage. But how do you dispose of several big bags of cement dust that’s hardened to rock? Still a mystery to be tackled next spring.
- October 2019: At long last the cantilever umbrella was assembled on the deck. Only to be knocked down and destroyed by terrible winds the following month 🙁
- November 2019: I had my annual trek to Google’s Product Experts meet-up which this year was in Boulder, Colorado. It was a lovely event, but I had no idea that Boulder could experience winter and snow just like Montreal!
- Painted 2 bathrooms and my office. Finally! But more to come.
- December 2019: Crazy few weeks from mid November to mid December involving selling of one property and acquiring another property, with me digging through piles of unorganized paperwork, scanning and sending them to agents and banks. It’s not over yet, so it will probably get more intense before it all settles down, hopefully in the new year. For now it’s just a little lull.
- Finally finished a big web project. I think, I hope my very patient client is happy.
- Managed to install some Christmas lights on my terrace. No small feat since winter and snow started so early. The surprise was that the lights acquired last year actually still work!
And of course by now Montreal is in full winter mode. I don’t appreciate the snow and cold. I’d appreciate another tropical vacation, but it’s not in the cards. Yet.